I plan my meals out 2 weeks at a time. Last night stuffed peppers were on the menu. I had to take my Mom to an unexpected Doctor appointment so I didn’t have the time required to make traditional stuffed peppers. Instead I decided to make my peppers unstuffed! It was really good so I thought I would share with all of you!
1 lb ground beef
1lb ground turkey
1 cup uncooked quinoa (I used red)
6 peppers (I used red, yellow, and orange)
2 red onions
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 stacks celery
2 tablespoons butter
1 can diced tomatoes
Seasonings: celery salt, sea salt, italian seasoning, paprika (season to taste) I used a hefty amount of celery salt and paprika.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- While quinoa is cooking chop peppers, onions, and celery into large pieces.
- Melt butter in frying pan. Add peppers, onions, and celery. Fry until just softening. About 10 minutes.
- Add meat, garlic, and seasonings to pan with veggies. Brown meat.
- Once meat is brown add can of diced tomatoes ( juice and all) and already cooked quinoa. Cook for 5 minutes or until most of the juice is absorbed.
- Serve and enjoy!