This morning I woke up and stepped on the scale. What I saw literally made my heart sink into my stomach. That (currently) EVIL scale told me that I have gained 15 lbs!! Yes you read that right 15 lbs!! No wonder my clothes are starting to feel a little snug! This is what happens when a cheat meal, turns into a cheat week, which turns into weeks, then months! Weeks of eating like crap and not keeping up with running has really caught up to me. This is why when people say “one bad meal won’t destroy your progress” that isn’t always true! Yes, one bad meal won’t destroy your progress but when you struggle with food addiction once you say yes to one bad meal it can start you spiraling out of control. So I have devised a plan. I am making a list of promises to myself and I will keep them!
- I will not make excuses!
- I will drink 2 shakes a day, 2 healthy snacks, and 1 healthy meal each and every day.
- I will do 15 minutes of physical activity each day: Of those days, 3 will be running, 1 will be strength training and the remainder will be whatever I choose.
- I will do 15 minutes of personal development each day.
- I will drink a minimum of 64 oz of water daily.
- I will track every single thing I put into my mouth.
- I will only go into the break room at work for supplies and to eat my meals.
- I will live like an athlete in training!
I am going to post these promises at my desk at work, my car, my refrigerator, and my bathroom mirror.
I’ve gotten myself this far and I can’t believe I let myself back slide! Today is the first day of the rest of my life!
Today I was not successful at keeping my promises. Tomorrow I WILL be. No excuses!